12 Things Only People From Florida Say
Florida, Florida, Florida. What a unique state with such divided cultures. You’ll often hear Floridians talk about how the state should really be split in two, and how the farther north you travel the more “Southern” the culture gets. South Florida is an international melting pot with a mind and language (or, rather, many languages) all of its own, and North Florida is the more traditional kind of place that people think of when they think of the American South.
That said, common expressions and sayings throughout the state can vary, but there are a few things just about any Floridian has heard before. If you’re a visitor to the Sunshine State, know that the “West Coast” does not mean California, prepare to hear natives tell you that the rain will pass, and if you’re in “SoFla” — the locals’ abbreviation for South Florida — be mindful of the fact that everyone will assume you know some degree of Spanish.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time