10 Tips for Making Perfect Iced Tea
6. Keep the brewing time short. Only steep the tea bags for 10 to 12 minutes, any longer and it risks becoming bitter, advises Chef Steve.
7. The sweet spot. Chef Steve recommends always adding the sugar or sweetener when the tea is warm so that it dissolves easily and evenly.
8. Cool it. Some people advise waiting until the tea has cooled down to room temperature before refrigerating in order to get the best clarity (cloudy iced tea is not preferable).
9. Don't forget to seal. For the same reasons you don't want to store your tea in plastic or metal containers, it's important to keep the container sealed so that it doesn't risk taking on the flavor of other items in your fridge.
10. Shelf life. It's always good to make a little extra than you think you'll need, but don't plan on keeping your iced tea in the fridge for too long. Most recommend drinking the tea within 24 to 48 hours.