Snackshot of the Day: Root Beer Float
The Daily Meal's editors, contributors, and readers dig into some pretty great restaurants, festivals, and meals. There's not always enough time to give a full review of a restaurant or describe in depth why a place, its food, and the people who prepare it are noteworthy, so Snackshot of the Day does what photographs do best, rely on the image to do most of the talking.
Today's Snackshot is of a root beer float. This amazing drink/dessert hybrid is a throwback to childhood. To make one at home, pick up your favorite vanilla ice cream (don't worry, we did the taste test for you) and every root beer enthusiast has a favorite (cough cough Barq's cough). Get yourself a nice, tall glass and start with a scoop (or two) of ice cream, then slowly pour in your root beer. Feeling dangerous? Try this recipe that includes vodka and amaretto.
Read more about The Daily Meal's Snackshot feature. To submit a photo, email jbruce[at]thedailymeal.com, subject: "Snackshots." Follow The Daily Meal's photo editor Jane Bruce on Twitter.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas