Snackshot of the Day: Cranberries
The Daily Meal's editors, contributors, and readers dig into some pretty great restaurants, festivals, and meals. There's not always enough time to give a full review of a restaurant or describe in depth why a place, its food, and the people who prepare it are noteworthy, so Snackshot of the Day does what photographs do best, rely on the image to do most of the talking.
Today's Snackshot was taken during the cooking marathon that is Thanksgiving. Cranberry sauce is a holiday staple, and arguably the simplest dish of the meal to make. Typically made with cranberries, water, sugar, and lemon or orange zest, all brought to a boil, a little bit on the side of your plate makes all the difference. It's the sweet that complements the savory of just about everything else on the table.
Read more about The Daily Meal's Snackshot feature. To submit a photo, email jbruce[at]thedailymeal.com, subject: "Snackshots."
Follow The Daily Meal's photo editor Jane Bruce on Twitter.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas