Six Childhood Favorites You Can Make Today
Indulge in your inner child’s favorite meals.
Creamy Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons
1 tomato, diced
½ white or yellow onion, diced
½ package of Creamy Tomato Soup from Pacifico (available at Whole Foods)
Red pepper flakes
1. Simmer tomatoes, onion and red pepper flakes in saucepan until tomatoes break down and onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add soup and bring mixture to a boil.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve with grilled cheese croutons.
Grilled Cheese Croutons
2 slices bread of choice
Shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
1. Butter two slices of bread.
2. Place one slice buttered side down in hot pan.
3. Pile on shredded cheese and top with other slice.
4. Brown each side and cut into 1-inch cubes.
8 ounces fun-shaped pasta
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon hot sauce
½ cup marscarpone or cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Cream, hot sauce, salt and pepper to a simmer in saucepan over medium heat.
3. Cook until cream is reduced by a third.
4. Add in marscapone and cheddar until melted.
5. Stir in pasta.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
cup grated Parmesan
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Cut chicken into 2-inch pieces and season with salt and pepper.
3. Mix Parmesan, bread crumbs and panko in bowl.
4. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow dishes.
5. Coat chicken in flour, shake off excess and dip in egg, then coat in panko mixture.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, flipping nuggets halfway through.
2-3 different flavors of yogurt
1. Line a large plate with wax paper.
2. Fill Ziploc bag with yogurt and cut a tiny corner off.
3. Squeeze small drops onto plate.
4. Freeze overnight.
24 sugar or shortbread cookies
8 ounces soft caramels
1 ½ cups shredded sweetened coconut flakes
1 ½ tablespoons milk
Pinch of salt
8 ounces dark chocolate
1. Toast coconut flakes in pan over medium-low heat, stirring regularly until golden brown.
2. Microwave caramels and milk for 30-second increments until everything has melted.
3. Spread cookies with ¼ of melted caramel.
4. Mix coconut flakes with remaining caramel and press coconut mixture onto each cookie.
*TIP: If caramel-coconut mixture thickens too much, just microwave for 15-second increments until spreadable again.
5. Microwave dark chocolate in 20-second increments until melted.
6. Dip bottoms of cookies in chocolate and let cool on wax paper-lined baking sheet.
7. Drizzle tops of cookies with remaining chocolate.
1 box Funfetti cake mix
2 cups plain yogurt
1 cup Cool Whip
1. Mix cake mix, yogurt and Cool Whip.
2. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and serve with animal crackers.