SAVOR: The Best Food and Craft Beer Pairings, Plus a Chance to Win Tickets
Where can you try red velvet cake with a Sour Cherry Imperial Stout, or a duck confit taco with a Smoked Vienna Lager? At the hottest craft beer event of the year: SAVOR, "an American Craft Beer and Food Experience," June 8 and 9 in Washington, D.C. And you can enter for the chance to win a pair of tickets from The Daily Meal!
Now in its fifth year, SAVOR brings unexpected beer and food pairings — not to mention access to an overwhelming number of breweries. More than 70 breweries will be at the event, including some top names like Ommegang, Dogfish Head, Sierra Nevada, New Belgium, and more.
This year, chef Adam Dulye of San Francisco's The Monk’s Kettle and The Abbott's Cellar took charge of the pairing menu, thanks in part to D.C.'s Federal City Caterers. Beer lovers can go to round tables and taste 20-plus pairings, as well as indulge in an oyster bar and and artisan cheese bar (yum).
Live in D.C. or close by? Good news — you can enter for a chance to win a pair of tickets from The Daily Meal! We have two pairs of tickets to give away, one pair for Friday night, and one pair for Saturday night. To enter, first sign up for The Daily Meal's newsletters. Then, pick a a recipe from The Daily Meal's Best Recipe section, and tell us in the comments what beer you would pair with it and why.
Click here to see the official rules of the SAVOR event ticket giveaway — don't miss out on this chance to win a pair of tickets!
UPDATED: Congratulations to Brian F. for winning the pair of tickets to Friday night's SAVOR event, and congratulations to Liana S. for winning the pair of tickets to Saturday night's SAVOR event! Thank you all for your participation.
Some of the pairings we're most excited for:
Red chile braised goat, paired with:
• Barrel-aged porter stout from Foothills Brewing
• Believer from Ninkasi Brewing Company
• LTD 05 from Full Sail Brewing Company
• Overcast Espresso Stout from Oakshire Brewing
Maine lobster pot sticker, pickled pepper, and green garlic relish, paired with:
• Corruption IPA from DC Brau Brewing LLC
• Massive IPA from Great South Bay Brewery
• Orchid from Laurelwood Brewing Co.
• Velvet Rooster from Tallgrass Brewing Company
• Wildeman Farmhouse IPA from Flying Dog Brewery
S'mores, graham crust, ganache, and brûléed marshmallow, paired with:
• Black Mocha Stout from Highland Brewing Co.
• Bourbon Barrel Fuel from Capitol City Brewing Co.
• Double Black IPA from Revival Brewing Co.
• Graham Cracker Porter from Denver Beer Co.
• Smoke Signal from Swamp Head Brewery
Check out the full beer and food menu, and prepare to drool. Enter today for your chance to win a pair of tickets — it's the most talked-about beer event of the year.