Saladworks debuts new catering menu
Fast-casual operator Saladworks has stepped up its effort to expand its catering business with the launch of a new catering menu.
The menu, which was tested for nearly a year before it was rolled out this month, features three new plates for $54.99.
• The Nibbler Tray: contains meats, cheeses, and assorted vegetables
• Garden Fresh Vegetable Tray: includes broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes, green beans, cucumber spears, sun tan peppers and grilled artichokes with buttermilk ranch for dipping
• Pinwheel Tray: rolled on flour or wheat tortilla, sliced into bite-sized portions; customers select four:
- Ham and Swiss pinwheels — baked ham, Swiss cheese, roasted red peppers, baby spinach
- Chicken Caesar pinwheels — white chicken breast, hard-boiled eggs, parmesan, baby spinach
- Veggie pinwheel — Swiss cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, roasted red peppers, baby spinach
- Turkey Monterey pinwheel – roasted turkey breast, Monterey jack cheese, roasted red peppers, baby spinach; dressing suggestion: creamy Italian
- Buffalo Chicken pinwheel — chicken breast, Monterey jack cheese, tomatoes, pepperoncini peppers, bleu cheese, baby spinach
The menu also contains all of the chain’s signature products in catering-size portions. Those selections include signature salads, fusion sandwiches, Panini and signature wraps that sell for $5.99 per person or $59.99 by the tray.
The chain said all of its catering items are delivered in packaging that resembles Saladworks’ regular containers.
Orders can be placed with 24 hours notice by calling a Saladworks location or by visiting the chain’s website . Items can either be picked up or delivered for a fee.
Commenting on the new catering options, John Scardapane, chairman and chief executive of Saladworks, said the chain had “listened to our customers and franchisees. They wanted to see our signature offerings available for catering.”
Saladworks, which is based in Conshohocken, Pa., has about 100 franchised locations in 12 states.
Contact Paul Frumkin at email@example.com.