- 4 Pounds flank or skirt steak
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into coins
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, cut into quarters
- 1 large Spanish onion, julienned
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large green bell pepper, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 1/2 Cups tomato, crushed
- Dash of red-wine vinegar
- 1 Cup beef stock
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
In a large stock pot, combine the water, flank steak, bay leaves, sliced carrots, and 1 spanish onion cut in four. Cook at a medium heat for 1 ½ hours or until meat is tender to a fork.
Reserve some of the stock from the pot and strain the rest. Let the steak cool and shred. In a large skillet over medium heat add the olive oil, garlic, peppers, and the julienned onions and cook until translucent. Add the shredded steak, crushed tomato, beef stock, and red-wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook all of the ingredients together for 1 hour. Serve over white rice.