Moroccan-Spiced Couscous Salad
Spice up your lunch and dinner with National Pasta Association’s Warm Moroccan Spiced Couscous Salad. With flavorful spices and tasty ingredients, this dish is anything but ordinary.
This recipe is provided by the National Pasta Association.
- 2 Teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Cup sliced onion
- 2 Cups cubed eggplant
- 2 Tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 Teaspoons sriracha or other hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 Cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 Cup diced red pepper
- 1 Cup Israeli couscous
- 1 Cup roughly chopped cilantro
Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and sauté the onion, seasoning with salt and pepper, until soft and starting to brown (about 5 minutes).
Add the eggplant, stir together with the onions. Cover and cook until softened (about 3 minutes).
Add the ginger and garlic, stirring to caramelize. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the cinnamon, cumin, coriander, and sriracha. Stir to bloom the spices.
Add the carrots, red pepper, and couscous. Stir to mix everything well.
Add 2 cups water and a pinch of salt. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Stir in cilantro and divide between bowls.