- 1 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract, such as Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 1 3/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon cream of tartar
- 12 Ounces package semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs in large bowl. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cream of tartar. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop with a #40 scoop (looks like a mini metal ice cream scoop) or a rounded measuring tablespoonful about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased insulated baking sheet. Bake until light brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Cool slightly, then remove from baking sheet. Cool on wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen crackly, chewy-crispy bakery-style cookies. They are wonderful!