- 1 1/2 Teaspoon teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Cups water (Or broth)
- 1 (twenty-eight ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 (sixteen ounce) cans canned kidney beans - drained, rinsed, and mashed
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion, and cook until tender.Pour water (or chicken broth) into the pot.
Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Season chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.