- 5 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 2/3 Cups pine nuts (about three-and-a-half ounces)
- 2/3 Cups finely chopped shallots
- 3 Cups (sixteen ounces) Israeli toasted couscous
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 3 3/4 Cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup minced fresh Italian parsley
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add pine nuts and stir until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to small bowl.
Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in same pan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until golden, about 10 minutes. Add couscous, cinnamon stick, and 2 bay leaves, and stir until couscous browns slightly, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add broth and salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir in parsley and pine nuts. Season with black pepper. Transfer to serving dish.