Looking for some inspiration? This chef-approved simple dinner or lunch idea could be the next best thing you put in your kid's lunchbox, or on the dinner table. It's got veggies, protein, and even the glorious avocado tucked in its pita pocket!
This recipe was contributed by Just.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise, such as Just Mayo
- 1/4 Cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 Cup celery, diced
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large pita bread
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 handful of butter lettuce
- Other optional fillings: Cheese slices, cold cuts, sprouts
Mix the chickpeas and mayonnaise in a large bowl.
Lightly mash with a fork or potato masher.
Fold in the celery and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice the pita in half. Use a spoon or butter knife to fill the pita pocket with salad, spreads, or tuck in slices of avocado, cheese or cold cuts along with a lettuce leaf.