- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cup half and half
- 3/4 Cups sugar
- 1/2 Cup whole buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 Cup strawberry preserves
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 Cups crushed pretzel sticks
Place the cream cheese, half and half, sugar, buttermilk, vanilla bean paste, and salt, in a blender and process for 30 seconds, or until very smooth. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Stir together the strawberries, strawberry preserves, and basil.
Stir the strawberry mixture and crushed pretzel sticks into the prepared ice cream. Freeze for at least one hour before serving.