St. Patty's Day Shamrock Shake
This St. Patrick’s Day, I plan to not only wear some greens, but eat them, too! This creamy green smoothie is one of my very favorites because it is nourishing enough to serve as a healthy holiday breakfast, but tastes so decadent that it could easily work as a festive dessert at a St. Patty’s Day party! It’s loaded with my detoxifying Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend, nutrient-rich greens, potassium-packed bananas, refreshing peppermint, and healthy fats from cashews and coconut so you will feel satisfied and energized for hours!
This recipe is provided by Sophie Jaffe, LA-based health and wellness expert, certified raw food chef to the stars, yoga teacher and mother of two.
- 8 Ounces canned coconut milk, refrigerated for 30 min prior
- handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 drop peppermint extract
- 1 Tablespoon coconut butter, such as Green Dream Coconut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon protein, such as Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend
- 1 Tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 Tablespoon cacao nibs, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 Cup spinach or kale
- 2 frozen bananas
Add all ingredients to a highpowered blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Pour into your favorite glass and garnish with cacao nibs.