Spinach, Tomato, & Turkey Pizza
Planning on staying in and ordering pizza with your Valentine? Try this Spinach, Tomato, and Turkey Pizza recipe for two instead.
This recipe is provided by Alexandra Miller, RDN, LDN, Corporate Dietitian at Medifast, Inc.
- 1 Cup cauliflower florets
- 5 Ounces 95-97 percent lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup part-skim shredded mozzarella
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon Italian seasonings, or about 1/8 tsp each of basil and oregano
- 3/4 Cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 Cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 Cup fresh baby spinach
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Steam cauliflower till tender, then mash.
Cook ground turkey in a non-stick pan until done. Set aside and keep warm.
To make the crust, combine the egg, ½ cup cheese, mashed cauliflower, garlic, and Italian seasonings in a medium mixing bowl. Spread mixture evenly on a non-stick, 9-inch round pizza pan or baking sheet.
Bake 20 minutes and remove from oven. Switch oven to a low broil setting.
Top crust with tomatoes, remaining mozzarella, spinach, and cooked turkey.
Return pizza to oven and broil until crust and cheese have slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool two to three minutes before cutting and serving.