Spicy Pimento Cheese
With the Gamecocks on their way to the final four, some spicy pimento cheese is an ideal southern snack to have while watching the games.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Table 301 Restaurant Group
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 Cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 Cup diced pimientos, drained
- 1 Pound cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Pounds sharp yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 Cup cayenne pepper hot sauce
For the Pimiento Cheese:
Combine the jalapeno, onion, and pimientos.
Add the cream cheese and mix until smooth.
Add the mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, and hot sauce and mix until thoroughly combined.
Finish the Dish:
Scoop into serving dish or bowl.
Serve with assorted crackers, crispy breads, or fresh vegetables.