- 1 Pound lean ground turkey
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 4 inch slices fresh ginger (optional)
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/2 Cup low-sodium broth
- 1/4 Cup chopped cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Romaine lettuce leaves, for taco shells
- Salt and pepper
- Squeeze lime for garnish (optional)
Heat oil in pan or skillet and sauté onions, garlic, and ginger for 5 minutes. Mix carrots, cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste.
Add turkey and cook, stirring often until meat loses its raw color.
Pour chicken broth and let simmer. Once cooked and partially dry, remove and set aside.
Separate and open romaine leaves, begin adding spoonfuls of ground turkey in the center.
Top with diced avocado, and sprinkle salt and pepper or squeeze lime to taste.