- 2 15-ounce cans of black beans, rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 5-ounce can mild diced green chilis, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 Cups gluten-free chicken broth (1 32-ounce box)
- 2 Cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 sprinkle of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to tase
- Optional toppings: cheese, avocado, green onions, sour cream, jalapenos, lime wedges, tortilla chips
Put all ingredients into a slow cooker set on low.
Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
Remove chicken thighs and place on a cutting board. Shred chicken with two forks and place back into slow cooker.
Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste. Add more salt and pepper if necessary or a bit more broth if too thick.