- 4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Beat all ingredients in large bowl of electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth, about 4 minutes.
2. Divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll out 1 piece of dough at a time on lightly floured surface to 1/16- to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out dough with cookie cutters.
3. Bake cookies on ungreased baking sheet until pale brown and slightly firm to the touch, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to cooling rack. Decorate as desired.