- 6 medium parsnips, cut into medium-sized pieces
- 2 Cups arugula
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ Cup dried apricots
- ¼ Cup toasted sunflower seeds
- ½ Cup crumbled chevre cheese
- ½ Cup honey
- ¼ red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon za’atar (find in Middle Eastern markets)
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 F
Toss the parsnips with 2 tablespoons olive oil and a generous amount of salt and black pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the parsnips are tender and browned. Let them cool completely.
Add the parsnips to a large mixing bowl and add the arugula, apricots, sunflower seeds, honey, vinegar, and za’atar. Toss very well and season with a few pinches of kosher salt and black pepper.
Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and top with the chevre cheese and a drizzle of honey.