Rainbow Swiss Chard and Lemon Stir-Fry
Here's a simple and easy side dish that's gluten-free and vegan, turned into a quick entrée with the addition of some gluten-free pasta. It comes together in five minutes and is super flavorful. What more could you ask for?
See all Swiss chard recipes.
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt, plus more for cooking the pasta
- 2 Cups gluten-free penne pasta
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large bunch rainbow Swiss chard, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 Cup pine nuts
- 2 Teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 scallions, chopped finely
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the Swiss chard and cook, tossing until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain off excess liquid. Add the pine nuts, lemon juice, lemon zest, scallions, sea salt, and pepper. Drain the pasta and gently toss with Swiss chard mixture. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve warm.