To make a terrine, line a loaf pan with plastic wrap. Assemble according to directions above and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Invert loaf pan onto a serving platter to unmold and remove plastic wrap. Garnish with toasted pine nuts. Serve by the slice with crackers or sliced baguettes.
For a more decadent version, replace the tomato layer with minced smoked salmon. Garnish with capers and grated lemon zest. Serve with bagel chips. Great for brunch.
- 1 15-ounce container part-skim ricotta, such as Lucerne
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, such as Lucerne
- 1 5-ounce package goat cheese, such as Open Nature
- 2 Teaspoons minced garlic, such as Safeway Farms Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon oregano, such as Safeway Kitchens
- 1/2 Teaspoon coarse ground black pepper, such as Safeway Kitchens
- 1 7-ounce package pesto, such as Open Nature
- 1 7-ounce container sun-dried tomatoes, such as Safeway SELECT, well drained and finely chopped
- 1/3 Cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Baguette or crackers, for serving
Place the ricotta, goat cheese, cream cheese, garlic, oregano, and black pepper in a food processor with a regular blade. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl if necessary.
Spoon one-third of the cheese mixture onto the bottom of an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Spread the pesto over the cheese mixture. Add another third of the cheese mixture over the pesto then add a layer of sun-dried tomatoes. Cover the sun-dried tomatoes with the remaining cheese mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Garnish the top of dip with toasted pine nuts before serving.