- 1 1/2 Cup quinoa, rinsed in cold water three times
- 6 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Cup scallion greens, washed and sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, washed and roughly chopped
- Seeds from one pomegranate (about one cup)one tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon granulated sugar
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup toasted sliced or slivered almonds (optional)
In a large pot, add the 1/2 salt to the 6 cups of water, and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa, and cook until tender (about 8 minutes). Using a sieve, drain it well. Cool it to room temperature, and set it aside in the refrigerator.
Mix the scallion greens, parsley, pomegranate seeds, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and sugar in a bowl.
Add the quinoa, and season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, top with the toasted almonds.