Just a few lil’ baby red potatoes, some fresh parsley, and a bit of fresh mint combine for a fabulous parsley pesto. I promise. It’s positively fabulous. And the pine nuts, well let’s just say they add a fabulous kick to make this potato salad a real winner. Gluten-free and vegan — what else can you ask for?
Simple, pure, and perfect. Yum.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup curly parsley, chopped finely, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and cook until soft but not falling apart, about 25 minutes. Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor, combine the parsley, mint, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar. Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste. Pulse until well combined and transfer to a large bowl.
Drain the potatoes and slice in ½ as soon as they’re cool enough to handle. Gently toss the potatoes with parsley pesto mixture. Season with the curry and chili powder. Garnish with additional parsley and serve chilled or at room temperature.