Pizza bites are the perfect snack for your next game day. Whether you’re tailgating or cheering your team on from home, everyone will want a bite of these Pizza Cones. Use paper cups to help shape the cone, but you can also use foil-wrapped ice cream cones as the mold.
- 1 13.8-ounce can refrigerated classic pizza crust, such as Pillsbury™
- 24 frozen cooked mini meatballs, thawed, cut in half
- 1 14-ounce jar pizza sauce
- 1 3½-ounce package pepperoni slices
- ¾ Cup yellow or green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¾ Cup shredded pizza cheese (about 3 ounces)
Unroll the dough on a work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a 20-by-15-inch rectangle. Cut into 12 5-inch squares. Wrap 1 dough square around each cup, and press to seal the edges. Repeat for the remaining pieces of dough. Trim any excess dough at the bottom of each cup.
Place on a large cookie sheet, open ends down. Bake on the lowest oven rack until light golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. When cool enough to touch, remove and discard the foil-covered paper cones.
Place half a meatball in the bottom of each cone. In a large bowl, mix ¾ cup of the pizza sauce, the pepperonis, bell pepper, and remaining meatball halves. Microwave uncovered on High until hot, 2 to 4 minutes. Spoon about ¼ cup of the mixture into each baked cone. Top each cone with about 1 tablespoon cheese. Serve hot with the remaining pizza sauce.