- 1 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 Cup milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Sliced almonds (for bunny feet)
- 2 drops of red or pink food coloring (optional)
- Powdered sugar
- Frozen strawberries
In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Melt butter and add to warmed (not hot) milk and the beaten egg. Add the food coloring to the wet ingredients if you want colored pancakes.
Stir together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined, leaving some small lumps. Over-mixing detracts from the pancakes’ soft, fluffy texture.
Pour batter onto a medium-heated skillet and carefully flip once the underside is just beginning to turn golden.
To make a glaze, blend together equal parts powdered sugar and thawed strawberries. Once the mixture is pureed, add it to a serving pitcher to use as an alternative to standard pancake syrup.