These healthy granola bites are the solution to all your snacking needs. They’re filled with nutritious ingredients, but are just sweet enough to avoid tasting like a virtuous health-food.
This recipe is courtesy of Mel’s Kitchen Café.
- 2 Cups quick oats
- 1 Cup crispy rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- 1 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Cup ground flaxseed
- 1 Cup mini chocolate chips
- 2/3 Cups honey or agave nectar
- 2 Teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
Place all the ingredients in a large bowl. Gently mix them together, taking care not to crush the rice cereal, until well combined.
Roll small amounts — about a tablespoonful — of the mixture between your hands to form a sphere. Place them on a lined baking tray.
Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. These will keep well in the refrigerator for up to a week, and in the freezer for up to 3 months.