Mozzarella and Tomato Salad
Serve this simple and delicious appetizer as a prelude to a light meal. A crisp, refreshing glass of Bastianich Rosato pairs perfectly with freshly cut tomatoes.
- 8 ripe medium-sized tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Pound fresh mozzarella, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 Cups packed fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
Toss together the tomatoes, mozzarella, spinach, and salt in a large serving bowl. Whisk together the oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Sprinkle with the oregano, and toss to combine.