- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Teaspoons cinnamon, preferably McCormick
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger, preferably McCormick
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground allspice, preferably McCormick
- 3/4 Cups (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 Cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract, preferably McCormick All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in large bowl.
Beat butter, 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Add molasses; mix until well blended.
Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
Roll dough balls in remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are set.
Cool on baking sheets 1 minute.
Remove to wire racks; cool completely.