Fruit smoothies are a timeless classic, but these drinks can be relatively high in sugar. Why not try a smoothie without all the fruit? By blending a few nutritious ingredients, you can eat a low-sugar, high-protein smoothie for any snack or meal.
This recipe is courtesy of McKenzie Stuart.
Please note that the calorie information is not representative of the accurate information for this recipe.
- 2 Cups raw or frozen cauliflower
- 1 Cup yellow squash
- 2 Tablespoons mint
- 1 Cup almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon cacao
- 1 serving of your favorite chocolate protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons coconut butter
- 4 macadamia nuts
- 1 Teaspoon maca root powder
- 1 scoop Bulletproof collagen*
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseeds*
* These are optional, and used for an extra nutrient boost.
Blend all ingredients until smooth.