- 8 Ounces tofu, such as Nasoya Chipotle-Flavored Baked Tofu, cut up
- 1/2 Cup chopped green onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1/4 Cup beer or water
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup mango salsa of choice
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- 1 box of rice, prepared accordingly to package instructions
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
In bowl of food processor, pulse tofu, onion, cilantro, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic until tofu is crumbed. Add beef, beer, and egg. Pulse until ingredients are combined. Shape mixture into 1 ½-inch balls; place on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until center of meatball reaches 165 degrees F.
In small saucepan, heat salsa. Place rice in serving bowl; top with meatballs, salsa, and additional cilantro.