- 1 Pound bacon, small dice
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 Pound onion, small dice
- 1 Tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Cup coffee, brewed
- 3/4 Cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 Cup grade A dark maple syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Cup water
Render the bacon to crispy.
Remove the bacon and reserve the fat.
Cook the onion and garlic in the bacon fat until translucent.
Return the bacon to the pan and add the remaining ingredients, except for the water.
Add the water ¼ cup at a time, allowing it to reduce each time.
Once reduced, add another ¼ cup of water.
Repeat process until all water is incorporated.
Cool and transfer to jars.