- 1/3 Cup dark chocolate chopped
- 1/4 Cup Lifeway Lowfat Plain Kefir
- 4 Tablespoons finely ground toasted almonds plus more for rolling
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons raw agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder plus more for rolling
- 1 pinch sea salt
Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler, then remove from heat and set aside.
In a food processor, blend together the kefir, ground almonds, almond butter, agave nectar, cocoa powder and salt. Add the melted chocolate and blend that in, too.
Transfer the mixture into a shallow, sealable container and refrigerate until firm (1-2 hours).
Prepare your rolling ingredients – I like to roll my truffles in more ground almonds, but you could roll them in cocoa powder, too. Place your rolling ingredients in separate, small bowls.
Use a measuring spoon to scoop some truffle mixture – I use 1 or 1 & 1/2 tsp to make nice, bite-sized truffles. Gently roll the mixture between your palms to form a ball, then roll in your almonds, cocoa powder, or whatever you’re using.
Refrigerate in a single layer in a sealable container, and remove from the fridge for about a half hour prior to serving.