Jasmine Green Tea Shrimp Recipe
I was so excited to create this delicious dish, not only because I love cooking with tea, but because I used a new fabulous ingredient for this recipe, ghee. I thought this would be a delicious dish to incorporate delicious flavors of tea and ghee — a savory shrimp dish that is perfect for a lunch atop your salad or a dinner atop steamed wild rice.
- 2 quarts water
- 1 ounce loose jasmine green tea leaves
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ounce ginger, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped finely
- 1 pound rainbow Swiss chard, chopped roughly
- 1 pound kale, chopped roughly
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
In a large stockpot, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the tea and shrimp and cook until opaque, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside to cool.
Heat the ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and basil and cook for 1 minute, then add the Swiss chard and kale. Cook for another 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish. Serve the shrimp on top of the greens, and season with the sesame seeds and white balsamic vinegar.