Italian Wedding Soup
Warm up with National Pasta Association’s healthy Italian Wedding Soup. With just a few simple ingredients, you’ll have a fresh, delicious homemade soup in just 30 minutes.
This recipe is provided by the National Pasta Association.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 Teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 Cups Swiss chard sliced into ¼” ribbons
- 4 Cups no-sodium-added chicken broth*
- 14 Ounces can plum tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup ancini de pepe
- 1/4 Cup sliced basil
Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the oil, onion, carrot, thyme, and rosemary. Cook until the onions are softened and starting to brown (about 5 minutes).
Stir in the garlic and Swiss chard and continue to cook until aromatic (about 30 seconds). Add the stock, tomatoes, and acini de pepe. Bring to a simmer.
Season with salt and pepper and cook until the ancini de pepe is al dente (about 10 minutes). Taste and adjust seasoning.
Divide between 4 bowls and sprinkle with basil.
*For a vegetarian or vegan option, simply substitute vegetable broth.