- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- 5 heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint white balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 % of the weight of balsamic vinegar in agar agar
- 1 bunch ramps
- 1 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 Cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 Cup soy oil
- Juice of 2 cucumbers, strained
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Fleur de Sel
- Fresh crushed black pepper
Cut heirloom cherry tomatoes into bite size pieces and remove seeds.
Bring white balsamic vinegar and agar agar to a boil, whisking constantly then set to chill in the refrigerator. Once completely chilled, cut into cubes and transfer to blender. Blend on high until it’s smooth.
Transfer all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To assemble, start with a pool of cucumber juice in a bowl. Then put some dollops of balsamic vinegar gel around. Add the tomatoes then cut the burrata into eighths and add to the bowl. Then put dollops of ramp pesto in various places. Finish with EVOO, fleur de sel, and black pepper. Enjoy!