- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed with side of a knife
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Bunch broccoli rabe, tough stems trimmed and roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ Teaspoon honey
- 8 slices of country artisan bread
- 2 Cups shredded Cheddar cheese, such as Darigold Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ Pound thinly sliced coppa or prosciutto
- 3 Tablespoons butter, such as Darigold Butter
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place two heavy sheet pans in the oven to preheat.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until garlic is lightly browned. Add broccoli rabe and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until tender (6-7 minutes). Stir in the honey and remove to a bowl; set aside.
Spread out 4 slices of bread on a cutting board. Top with the Cheddar cheese, the coppa, and the broccoli rabe. Cover with remaining bread and press sandwiches together. Butter the top, outside surface of each sandwich.
Using over mitts, remove one of the hot pans from the oven and place the sandwiches on it butter-side down. Carefully butter the remaining side of each sandwich. Using the oven mitts, place the remaining hot sheet pan on top and press down on the sandwiches. Transfer to the oven and bake 8-10 minutes.