- 3 Cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 Cup sprouted watermelon seeds, such as Go Raw Sprouted Watermelon Seeds
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 3 tbsp if planning to freeze
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup nutritional yeast (for vegan) or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Place basil, garlic, and watermelon seeds into a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
Add 1/2 cup of olive oil, plus the nutritional yeast or cheese, and process until blended and then transferring to ask air-tight container once frozen.
Notes: Can be frozen for up to three months; thaw fully before using.