I've enjoyed more than a few sugar cookies in my day. My nanny made the most amazing sugary, buttery Christmas cookies that I can recall inhaling when I was 5 years old. In my mind, it doesn't get much better than a simple sugar cookie dipped into some chocolate hazelnut butter.
But gluten-free sugar cookies? Without that buttery-yucky taste? You want it. You got it.
See all gluten-free recipes.
- 2 Cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon, preferably organic
- 1/4 Teaspoon nutmeg, preferably organic
- 1/2 Cup vegan butter sticks, softened
- 1 Cup sugar
- Egg substitute for 1 large egg
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup dairy-free eggnog
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy, then add the egg substitute, vanilla extract, and eggnog. Mix well.
Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix well. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop the dough into balls. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.