Gingersnap Dairy-Free 'Caesar' Salad
This pretty Caesar salad recipe is filled with lots of good-for-you things like ground flax seeds, Brussels sprouts, and avocado. I know what you’re thinking. Yep, that’s right: a dairy-free, gluten-free Caesar salad.
Whoever said Caesar salads had to be filled with anchovies and mayo? Not me, and you surely don’t want to miss this recipe. Bon app, my friends!
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 4 cups mixed greens, such as spinach, radicchio, etc.
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 3/4 cups rice milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/6 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/6 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
Steam the Brussels sprouts on the stovetop over medium heat until tender and bright green, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large salad bowl. Add the mixed greens and arugula.
In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth. Pour the dressing onto the salad and gently toss to combine. Serve chilled. Enjoy.