- One 16-ounce box strawberries, quartered
- 3/4 Cups chopped hazelnuts
- 1 Cup milk
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 loaf wheat bread, sliced
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
Chop the strawberries and hazelnuts. Set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs. Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
Melt the butter in a large skillet. Coating the pan evenly. One at a time, cover both sides of a slice of bread with the egg-milk mixture and place it in skillet. If you can fit 2 slices in your skillet, do 2 at a time. Cook both sides of the bread until dark brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Continue until you're out of bread.
To serve, top the toast with the strawberry and hazelnut mix, and dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!