"For something light and fresh try creating your own taco salad. Start with Hormel® Taco Meats™, which are all natural and pre-cooked, and add your favorite seasonal vegetables. I added one of our favorite grains, quinoa, which gives an extra boost of protein, and avocado for a healthy fat. This salad is packed with nutrients and full of flavor." – Chef Angela Sellers
- 1 taco bowl shell
- 1 Cup shredded kale
- ½ shredded chicken, such as Hormel Taco Meat’s shredded and seasoned chicken
- ½ Cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ Cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- ¼ Cup shelled, cooked edamame
- 4 avocado slices
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeño slices
- Juice from ½ lime (about 2 tablespoons)
Place kale in taco bowl shell, followed by remaining ingredients.
Squeeze with lime half.