Baked Coca-Cola Chicken Wings
America’s favorite soda pop can do more than satisfy your thirst and unclog your sink. The rich syrup makes it an ideal marinade for foods like chicken and pork.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 can soda, such as Coca-Cola
- ¼ cup dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, chopped finely
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2½ pounds chicken wings or ribs
- Fresh black pepper and salt to taste
In a large casserole, combine all the ingredients except the chicken. Stir until mixed. Add the wings and stir until well coated. Lay the wings out evenly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours.