- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 pound mussels in the shell, cleaned and debearded
- 1 cup dry vermouth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
Heat the butter in a pot or heavy pan over medium heat. Cook the garlic and shallot until translucent, about 45-60 seconds. Add the mussels and vermouth and cover the pot.
When the mussels are almost open, about 1 ½-2 minutes, add the heavy cream and cover the pot. Once all of the mussels are open, about 2 more minutes, top with parsley and serve.
Cooked mussels can be eaten directly from the pot or pan or transferred to a wide-rimmed soup bowl. Keep covered until just prior to eating since they cool quickly.