- 1 Perdue Fresh Turkey
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
Place rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 325° F.
Place turkey on rack set in large roasting pan.
Tuck wing tips under and tie legs together with kitchen string to hold shape.
Pour 1 cup water into bottom of roasting pan.
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, herbs and pepper.
Rub half of mixture over turkey; cover with foil and roast 2 1/2 hours.
Remove foil and brush with remaining herb mixture.
Continue to roast, basting every 20 minutes with pan juices, for another 1/2 to 1 1/4 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh registers 180° F.
Remove turkey from oven, cover loosely with foil and let stand at least 20 minutes before carving.