- 3/4 Cups (1 1/2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 2 Cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract, such as Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 Cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Cup chopped macadamia nuts
Cream the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer on a medium speed until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, and cinnamon and mix well. Stir in the macadamia nuts. Chill for 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an insulated cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.