Notes: For added heat, add some Sriracha sauce to the ketchup for dipping.
- 1 8-ounce can refrigerated seamless dough sheet, such as Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations® or Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent
- 2 hot dogs, each cut into 12 slices
- 4 Teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 1-ounce Cheddar cheese sticks, each cut into 12 pieces
- 2 Tablespoons cornmeal
- Ketchup or salsa, as desired
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll the dough (if using crescent roll dough, press the perforations to seal). Cut into 24 squares, 6 rows by 4 rows.
For each popper, place a hot dog slice on the center of a dough square. Top with a drop of Sriracha sauce and 1 cheese piece. Pull the corners up, and pinch to seal. Holding seam-side down, brush the top and sides with more Sriracha sauce. Roll in the cornmeal, and place seam-side down on an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat to make 24 poppers.
Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm with ketchup or salsa.