- 1 Pound wild salmon, deboned
- 1/4 Cup grade A dark maple syrup
- 2 Teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450F.
Combine maple syrup, cardamom, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Brush syrup mixture evenly over the salmon filets.
Place a large cast iron skillet into the oven to preheat for 5 minutes.
Place the salmon on the hot skillet, skin side down, and cook for 7 minutes.
Brush more glaze on the salmon and cook to preference.