Butternut Squash and Bacon Bloody Mary
Why stick with tomatoes, when you can have your squash and bacon, too? The Bloody Mary is served at New York City's Hospoda restaurant.
- 2/3 Cups butternut squash puree
- 1/3 Cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated horseradish
- 1 dash of salt
- 1 Tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Ounce vodka or bacon-infused vodka
- chopped bacon, to garnish
- lime wedge, to garnish
Create a pre-mix of vegetable stock (about 1/3 cup) and Butternut squashpuree (about 2/3 cup), boiled together and then cooled. Mix until it attains the consistency of V8. Mix in freshly grated horseradish to taste, a dash of salt, and fresh ground pepper. Add vodka and serve over rocks, garnishing with extra crispy house-smoked bacon and a wedge of lime to add that missing acidity.